Dr. Mrs. Mangal Hemant Dhend is working as an engineering college teacher since last 27 years and contributed in various capacities for the development of All India Shri Shivaji memorial society’s (AISSMS) two engineering institutes. At present she is working as an academic coordinator of institute and member of quality assurance.
Recently she has founded Vihangam Techno Holistic Organization which is a recognized society registered under societies registration act, 1860 and Bombay public trust act, 1950 having holistic educational, social and spiritual objectives. She is also a co-proprietor of Harshem Bliss.
She has done PhD in electrical engineering under the guidance of Prof. Dr. Rajan Chile from SGGS, Nanded, ME in Power system from COEP, Pune. Her research topic is “Distribution system monitoring and fault diagnosis in smart grid system”. She has received “Distinguished Women Engineer Award in March 2017 by Venus International. “Sampark Mitra” award for her social contributions by National NGO and “Best teacher of Institute” award many times and “Best Head of the Department” for consecutive 3 years. She was also selected for most prestigious Zucker award and was invited to attend IEEE professional members meeting at Dallas Texas Tech.
USA in year 2015 by sponsoring travel and all stay expenses. In December 2016 she received best paper award in Springer’s International conference at Sikkim. She has been invited by many countries like Singapore, Taiwan, China, UK to present her research work related to smart grid in international conferences. She was invited as a session chairman for IEEE 5th international conference at UK in November 2016 and also received appreciation award certificate.
Her main interest is in effective administration, molding students multi-dimensional and multinational personalities by inculcating high human values, development of advanced self and lifelong learning skills implementing globalized learning resources and teaching aids and enhancing overall quality of higher educational institute with holistic approach. She is an author of four books in High voltage engineering and Material science book of Pune, Nagpur and Gujarat Universities and one Marathi-English poem book.
She has published more than 45 papers in International and national journals and conferences not only on technical topics but related to improving quality education like innovative teaching and learning methodology, learning resources development, effective generation and utilization of latest teaching aids, staff-students’ performance improvement, elements of quality education, course outcome and models related to accreditation process of which few are published in AICTE-ISTE Journal. She has served as coordinator, technical advisor in organizing various National, state level conferences and Short term training courses and attended more than 70.
She is a senior member of Industrial applications society, education technology, women in engineering societies of IEEE and a member of International association of engineers (IAENG), Life member of Indian Society of Technical Education, (ISTE) India and Life member of Institution of engineers, India IEI(India). She is a member of young professionals, Special Interest Group on Humanitarian Technology (SIGHT) and consultant’s network. She has also visited smart grid system of Bangkok and attended international conference there on smart grid system in year 2015.
She has been invited in September 2017 to deliver a key note address at Barcelona Spain in international workshop for researchers on smart grid systems. Recently she conducted a session in state level workshop on Micro gird and Smart Grid systems.
She has worked as a subject chairman for 2 subjects at university of Sawitribai, Pune for more than 10 years and has taught more than 14 subjects at UG and PG level in which she could achieve majority times 100% results. She was working as a local managing committee member for more than 7 years, head of department for more than 12 years, dean administrative for 2 years and coordinator of national board of accreditation committee of institute for 5 years.
She is a member of local inspection committee for various engineering institutes and teaching staff recruitment committee at University level. She has received grants from ‘Council of scientific investigations and research’ for presenting her research work in Bermingham, Uk.
|SR. NO.||SUBJECT||CLASS||NO. OF TIMES|
|1.||High Voltage Engineering||B. E. Electrical||15|
|2.||Energy Audit & Conservation||04|
|3.||Switch Gear & Protection||03|
|4.||Power System Design||03|
|5.||Power System Operation & Techniques||02|
|7.||Power System II||T. E. Electrical||03|
|8.||Power System I||04|
|10.||Electrical Installation, Estimation & Distribution||05|
|11.||Electrical Measurement & Measuring Instruments.||S. E. Electrical||05|
|12.||A.C. Circuits & Transformer||02|
|13.||Electrical Engineering Materials||07|
|15.||Elements of Electrical Engineering||F. E.||05|
|17.||Energy Management & Power quality||ME||03|
|18.||Power Electronics in Smart Grid||ME||04|
LITERARY DEVELOPMENT DONE :
- All criterion of accreditations like NBA/NAAC
- Vision documentary of AISSMS, IOIT for 10 years.
- Helped in formulating Institute vision, mission quality policies and short term long term goals.
- Helped in formulation of promotional & incentive policies and prepared evaluation formats for staff.
- Prepared Departmental performance evaluation format
- Creation of Several formats related to NBA work and departmental work with several data files.
- Feedback slips to be submitted by students.
- Self-Appraisal Forms for teacher’s assessment.
- Students Counseling Forms.
- Subject development plans.
- Continuous monitoring format for teacher’s performance
- Best teacher award formats
- Best Non-teaching award format
- Best outgoing student award format
- Several formats required for NBA
- Feedback form to be taken from resource persons.
- Rubrics for project assessment and examiners feedback and best/average project reports.
- Several NBA/NAAC/Academic formats/strategies/policies.
INNOVATIONS DONE IN TEACHING/ LEARNING METHODOLOGY :
- Initiated student centric, experiential and collaborative learning.
- Initiated thematic based teaching- learning process.
- Innovative techniques used for “learning by experiencing” by organizing role play, games, quizzes, debate, brain storming sessions on subject/ technical topics in class.
- Several competitions, training workshops, software learning programmes, were organized for “learning by doing” such as tubule, chart making, model, mini p design contest, case study paper presentations, poster presentations on the subject topics to enhance theoretical concepts learned in class by enjoying learning in creative way.
- Innovative tools used in class such as animated PPTS, VCDs brought from industries such as Transformer, Machine industries, Video clippings available on internet, product broachers, scrap materials collected form industries, market for active learning.
- Presented paper at international level at Punjab related to quality education.
- Conducted faculty development lecture on innovative teaching and learning.
OTHER DEVELOPMENT WORK :
- Pioneer of following clubs at institute level:Renewable energy club, Robotics & Automation, PlC &SCADA, Microcontroller.
Pioneer of Reward/motivational processes at Department level:
- Staff awards for Best teaching, Best Overall activity, best GFM, Invocative Technical work, Best project guided, Best student’s feedback etc.
- Non-teaching award for performance, News letter prepared institute level.
- Best Class, Best Outgoing student, Best Curricular activity participation, best attendance.
Pioneer of systems at Department level:
- In house Vacation training to non-teaching staff
- Various technical contest for Teaching and lab technician
- Area wise counseling to students and staff
- Weekly departmental staff development activity Imbibed social aspects among staff and students.
- Imbibed high human & social values among staff &student’s community.
PG PROJECTS GUIDED:
- Development of smart meter for fault management in smart grid.
- Detection and evaluation of Harmonics in pulse and 12 pulse Uncontrolled Convertor.
- Harmonic Measurement ant mitigation using active and passive filter.
- Voltage sag and swell detection.